2D Material Customization Service
- Graphene Material Customization Service
- 2D TMD Material Customization Service
2D Solution Customization Service
- Nb2C Solution Customization
- Black Phosphorus Solution Customization
- Tungsten Diselenide Solution Customization
- Molybdenum Diselenide Solution Customization
- Tungsten Disulfide Solution Customization
- Molybdenum Disulfide Solution Customization
- h-BN Solution Customization
- Graphene Oxide Solution Customization
- Germanium(II) Selenide Solution Customization
- Germanium(II) Sulfide Solution Customization
- Hafnium Disulfide Solution Customization
- Hafnium Diselenide Solution Customization
- Manganese Dioxide Solution Customization
- Tellurene Solution Customization
- Vanadium Carbide Solution Customization
- Titanium Carbide (Ti2C) Solution Customization
- Molybdenum Tungsten Disulfide Solution Customization
- Molybdenum Ditelluride Solution Customization
- Niobium Disulfide Solution Customization
- Rhenium Disulfide Solution Customization
- Rhenium Diselenide Solution Customization
- Tin Diselenide Solution Customization
- Titanium Disulfide Solution Customization
- Titanium Diselenide Solution Customization
- Titanium Carbide (Ti3C2) Solution Customization
- Tungsten Ditelluride Solution Customization
- Zirconium Disulfide Solution Customization
- Zirconium Diselenide Solution Customization
- 2D Material Layer Transfer Service
- 2D Material Heterojunction Customization Service
- 2D Crystals Custom Growth Service
- 2D Material Customization Service
2D Material Modification Services
- 2D Material Optical Modification Service
- 2D Material Plasma Modification Service
- 2D Materials Atomic-Level Structural Modification Service
2D Material Testing Services
- 2D Material Surface Characterization
- 2D Material Structure Characterization
- 2D Materials Electrical Characterization Research
- Thermal Test of 2D Materials
- 2D Materials Optoelectronics Research
- Mechanical Testing of 2D Materials
- 2D Magnetic Materials Characterization
- CHNSO Elemental Analysis for 2D Materials
- Atomic Force Microscope for 2D Materials
- Transmission Electron Microscope for 2D Materials
- Scanning Electron Microscope for 2D Materials
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy for 2D Materials
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy for 2D Materials
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy for 2D Materials
- X-ray Diffraction for 2D Materials
- Raman Scattering for 2D Materials
- Scanning Probe Techniques for 2D Materials
- X-Ray Fluorescence for 2D Materials
- BET Specific Surface Area Analysis for 2D Materials
- ICP-OES and ICP-MS Analysis for 2D Materials
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy for 2D Materials
- Photoluminescence Spectroscopy for 2D Materials
- Surface Profiler for 2D Materials
- 2D Material Simulation Computing Service
Transmission Electron Microscope for 2D Materials
Two-dimensional (2D) materials, such as transition metal disulfides and graphene, are of interest because of their interesting electronic and optical properties (e.g. metal-insulator transitions based on structural changes). The atomic arrangement of 2D materials is vital for understanding their characteristics. Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) is undoubtedly a versatile and powerful tool for characterizing the morphology, chemical composition, crystal structure and electronic structure of materials at atomic resolution.
Alfa Chemistry provides TEM testing to examine the crystal structure, grain boundaries, and flaws in 2D materials, all of which contribute to their macroscopic properties. Please contact us right away so that we can help you with your tests!
Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) is the most commonly used technique to obtain structural information. It is surely a potent instrument for static characterization and dynamic modification of nanomaterials and nanodevices at the atomic scale, thanks to its great spatial resolution and varied external field.
Fig 1. Overview of the in situ TEM characterization and manipulation of 2D layered materials in the various research areas and wide range of applications. (Luo C, et al. 2017)
The technique is capable of producing images with atomic resolution. Radiation, on the other hand, has a considerable impact on this capacity; beamless damage imaging is often only possible at low accelerating voltages below the chain damage threshold. The resolution-limiting aberrations can seriously disturb the imaging attempt at these low values. The employment of a cold-field emission gun or monochromatization of the electron beam has been proved to be a reliable way for eliminating color blur. At low accelerating voltages, probe correctors can improve the signal even more by lowering or even eliminating aberrations.
Rapid advances in thin-film and precision microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology have made it possible to probe and design 2D layered materials and nanodevices in the TEM in the presence of external stimuli such as thermal, electrical, mechanical, liquid/gas environments, optical, and magnetic fields. This advanced technology leverages traditional static TEM characterization into in-situ and interactive manipulation of 2D layered materials without sacrificing resolution or high vacuum chamber environments, helping to explore the intrinsic structure-property relationships of 2D layered materials.
|Testing Services||Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM)|
|Test Content||STEM, EELS, EDS, Mapping|
|Sample Type||Powder / Film / Bulk / Liquid|
|Instrument Model||FEI Tecnai F20 TEM, JEM-2100F Field Emission Electron Microscope, Talos F200X G2 TEM|
|Lead Time||2~3 weeks|
Our requirements for samples are as follows:
Sample composition requirements:
(1) Safety: Non-toxic and non-radioactive.
(2) Organic: Mapping tests cannot be performed on samples containing organic material.
(3) Magnetism: Some materials are susceptible to magnetization when exposed to magnetic fields, and enhanced magnetism after heating is also defined as magnetic samples. Please confirm whether the sample is magnetic or not and inform us in time.
- Luo C, et al. (2017). "In Situ Transmission Electron Microscopy Characterization and Manipulation of Two-Dimensional Layered Materials beyond Graphene." Small. 13(35): 1604259.
Alfa Chemistry provides cost effective, high quality and hassle free services to our clients worldwide. We guarantee on-time delivery of our results.
If you have any questions at any time during this process, please contact us. We will do our best to meet your needs.