2D Material Customization Service
- Graphene Material Customization Service
- 2D TMD Material Customization Service
2D Solution Customization Service
- Nb2C Solution Customization
- Black Phosphorus Solution Customization
- Tungsten Diselenide Solution Customization
- Molybdenum Diselenide Solution Customization
- Tungsten Disulfide Solution Customization
- Molybdenum Disulfide Solution Customization
- h-BN Solution Customization
- Graphene Oxide Solution Customization
- Germanium(II) Selenide Solution Customization
- Germanium(II) Sulfide Solution Customization
- Hafnium Disulfide Solution Customization
- Hafnium Diselenide Solution Customization
- Manganese Dioxide Solution Customization
- Tellurene Solution Customization
- Vanadium Carbide Solution Customization
- Titanium Carbide (Ti2C) Solution Customization
- Molybdenum Tungsten Disulfide Solution Customization
- Molybdenum Ditelluride Solution Customization
- Niobium Disulfide Solution Customization
- Rhenium Disulfide Solution Customization
- Rhenium Diselenide Solution Customization
- Tin Diselenide Solution Customization
- Titanium Disulfide Solution Customization
- Titanium Diselenide Solution Customization
- Titanium Carbide (Ti3C2) Solution Customization
- Tungsten Ditelluride Solution Customization
- Zirconium Disulfide Solution Customization
- Zirconium Diselenide Solution Customization
- 2D Material Layer Transfer Service
- 2D Material Heterojunction Customization Service
- 2D Crystals Custom Growth Service
- 2D Material Customization Service
2D Material Modification Services
- 2D Material Optical Modification Service
- 2D Material Plasma Modification Service
- 2D Materials Atomic-Level Structural Modification Service
2D Material Testing Services
- 2D Material Surface Characterization
- 2D Material Structure Characterization
- 2D Materials Electrical Characterization Research
- Thermal Test of 2D Materials
- 2D Materials Optoelectronics Research
- Mechanical Testing of 2D Materials
- 2D Magnetic Materials Characterization
- CHNSO Elemental Analysis for 2D Materials
- Atomic Force Microscope for 2D Materials
- Transmission Electron Microscope for 2D Materials
- Scanning Electron Microscope for 2D Materials
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy for 2D Materials
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy for 2D Materials
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy for 2D Materials
- X-ray Diffraction for 2D Materials
- Raman Scattering for 2D Materials
- Scanning Probe Techniques for 2D Materials
- X-Ray Fluorescence for 2D Materials
- BET Specific Surface Area Analysis for 2D Materials
- ICP-OES and ICP-MS Analysis for 2D Materials
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy for 2D Materials
- Photoluminescence Spectroscopy for 2D Materials
- Surface Profiler for 2D Materials
- 2D Material Simulation Computing Service
2D Material Modification Services
Two-dimensional (2D) materials have attracted a lot of attention in various nanoelectronic and optoelectronic applications. The surface determines the material's properties and functions in the atomically thin limit. To exploit the full technical potential of 2D materials, it is critical to accurately control the surface of the material.
Alfa Chemistry has considerable experience with 2D material surfaces and structures, as well as surface chemistry and physical functionalization processes. To fulfill our customers' different research demands, our team can modify a variety of 2D material surfaces. To achieve chemical functionalization, we attach diverse chemical groups to 2D surfaces in a covalent or non-covalent manner; or we adorn 2D surfaces with nanoparticles (NPs); or we develop heterogeneous structures by combining multiple 2D materials together. We have a lot of experience with customizing 2D materials for unique customers. Please contact us for additional details.
Covalent/Non-Covalent Functionalization Technology
|Non-covalent functionalization||The ability to tune the electrical and physical properties of 2D materials without altering the crystal structure is provided by non-covalent functionalization.|
Physisorbed molecules can be utilized to controllably alter doping levels by interacting with 2D materials via van der Waals (vdW) interactions or electrostatic forces. Physisorbed molecules can form self-assembled structures or be randomly adsorbed on the top (or bottom) surface of 2D materials to provide non-covalent functionalization.
|Covalent Functionalization||Due to the weak interaction between the physisorbed molecules and the 2D material, external stimuli can easily change the properties of these systems. Thus covalent attachment (or grafting) of molecules on 2D materials provides a more reliable method for controllably tuning the properties of 2D materials. We used diazotization and other chemical approaches to covalently modify graphene, TMD, hBN, and black phosphorus.|
Fig 1. Covalent functionalization of 2D materials. (Daukiya L, et al. 2019)
Surface Characterization of Modified Materials
Alfa Chemistry additionally provides customers with modified 2D material surface characterization services. We can use cross-sectional approaches to directly access buried interfaces in traditional bulk heterostructures, in addition to microscopic surface analysis. One of our most essential techniques for characterizing surfaces has been scanning tunneling microscopy (STM).
While atomic-scale imaging gives the most direct gauge of physical structure, many material properties are manifested at higher length scales. As a result, we also offer spatially resolved property measurements of 2D materials, such as mechanical, thermal, electrical, and subsurface characteristics.
We also apply optical characterization techniques, such as angle-dependent Raman spectroscopy with polarized incident light and polarization detection, which provides a rapid, nondestructive, and high-resolution method for 2D layer indexing.
Our key strength is our broad vision and technological excellence, since we do not provide solutions based on a certain modification technique, but rather seek out the optimal solution for each problem. As a result, our services include consulting, route discovery, and real material alteration.
The success of our service projects is all attributed to the same set of principles: cutting-edge laboratories, highly skilled and competent scientists, access to technical and scientific advances, and experienced project managers who can accurately estimate the risks involved.
Our services include consulting specialists before launching a project, which is a requirement for its future success. We are delighted to utilize our knowledge and experience to assist you in assessing the chances of success and the dangers involved. In doing so, we constantly recommend the best technologies while never losing sight of the overall picture, giving you an advantage that is tough to overlook.
The laboratories of Alfa Chemistry are run in compliance with the tightest safety norms. Our goal is to keep our clients informed and precisely positioned throughout the project, which is why we provide a range of collaboration models that may be adjusted to your budget and schedule.
- Daukiya L, et al. (2019). "Chemical Modification of 2D Materials Using Molecules and Assemblies of Molecules." Advances in Physics: X. 4(1): 1625723.
Alfa Chemistry provides cost effective, high quality and hassle free services to our clients worldwide. We guarantee on-time delivery of our results.
If you have any questions at any time during this process, please contact us. We will do our best to meet your needs.